Social media is one of the primary reasons people spend time on the web. Even in an emerging market country like South Africa, 91% of all people have an active Facebook account which they visit at least twice a day.
- South African Facebook and Twitter users number 4.9 million and 1.1 million respectively – and that number is growing.
- LinkedIn membership in South Africa has grown 45% from 2011 to 2012, standing at 1.6 million users.
- 8.5 million South Africans access online platforms and this is predicted to grow by 25% to 11 million by the end of 2012.
Understanding the bigger picture will give you a better understanding of the channels that will help your organisation achieve their online goals.
Areas of focus for this workshop:
- The World of Digital Channels: Understanding the different networks and the role they play in Digital Marketing Strategies. These channels include: Social Media, Google, Mobile and Tablet, Affiliate Marketing, Email Marketing, Advertising, and more.
- Voices that matter: To have a successful campaign or strategy, a business needs to understand how people connect, how they search, how their network influences them, how they influence others, and how they distribute valuable information.
- The Inbound Effect: Understanding the importance of designing and implementing a social business strategy to maximise impact.
- The Art of Customer Engagement: Understanding Return On Engagement (ROE) and the importance of content integrated strategies to build and maintain online relationships.
- ROI: Answering the question of Return on Investment – “How will Social Engagement positively impact my business?”
You can expect to have better understanding and insight into:
- Digital Marketing
- How the Internet works
- What Digital Channels are
- Why your community is important
- How to have a strategic approach
- Why a Content Strategy is an important element of Digital Strategy
- Tools to measure success and gain valuable information for your brand/business.
When, where, etc
Date: Thursday 27 September 2012
Venue: SLOW in the City, 6th Avenue, Corner of West and Rivonia road, Sandton
Cost: R1,300 per personBook Now
Presented by: Catri Dixon, Online Marketing Strategist. After 8 years in traditional marketing, Catri has grown with the industry, specialising in online marketing and strategy over the last 2 years. An experienced public speaker and part of the Beeld Public Speaking Association, Catri works with groups on issues such as: How to Understand Digital Marketing, How to Engage with Communities, and How to Show the ROI that Every Brand is After. Catri has worked with brands such as ER24, Netcare 911, Montblanc, KPMG, Jasco, Momentum, Investment Solutions, and was intimately involved in the global launch of 46664 Bangle for the Nelson Mandela Foundation. Catri was also acknowledged by Guy Kawasaki for marketing input into his book Enchantment.